MSU Parametric design workshop
02 March 2013
• Core of parametrics and algorithmic computation.
• Lists/Arrays, Tables, Mathematics
• Parametrics and founding relationships on distance.
Conceptual Design methods
• 4D Intersections (sections over time into a surface)
• Manipulated Topography based on time.
• Visualizing the change in data and the space between multiple models of Data.
Lighting and Facade design
• Dividing a skin into panels and setting proximity to a point
• Analysis of a skin from a single light source, (both sun and local lighting)
• Design of panels which respond to light and design criteria including apertures
• Setting up multiple responsive systems within one skin – including omission of selected
panels, or groups of panels
Customized plugins developed by StudioNU
• Google – to determine distance, times and routes when determining site proximities to other locals, transportation and programs
• Water Flow analysis
• Twitter and Facebook data capture, including GPS
• Google Maps